Bitcoin has over the weekend session brushed shoulders with $60,000. The uptrend occurred alongside crypto assets like Ethereum, which stepped above $4,000 for the first time in history. At the time of writing, the flagship cryptocurrency trades at $59,500 following an ongoing upswing from the support at $56,000.
Bitcoin draws nigh to $60,000
Last week we discussed the Relative Strength Index (RSI) having a bearish divergence. Note that the bearish impulse comes into the picture when the RSI breaks away from the asset’s price. In other words, as the price increases, the RSI drops appreciably.
The technical formation implies that the uptrend is losing momentum amid reducing volume. A breakdown tends to follow reminiscent of Bitcoin’s drop to $56,000. At the time of writing, the RSI has broken the negative divergence, confirming that the trend has turned bullish.
A continued movement into the overbought region will prove to investors that the uptrend is intact, and therefore, it is probable to speculate BTC’s rise to $65,000.
BTC/USD four-hour chart
Meanwhile, Bitcoin must make one last break above $60,000 to affirm the breakout. On the brighter side, the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) shows that buyers have the upper hand.
The trend will keep leaning on the bullish side as long as the MACD line (blue) crosses and maintains a position above the signal line. On the downside, support has been established at $58,000, the confluence made by the 50 Simple Moving Average (SMA) and the 100 SMA as well as $56,000.
Bitcoin intraday levels
Spot rate: $59,450
Support: $58,000, $56,000 and $53,000
Resistance: $60,000 and $62,000
- Will DeFi Giant Lido Support The Terra Reboot?
- Sandbox (SAND) Jumps 16% Ahead Of Listing On This Top Exchange
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000