The first fork of Bitcoin – BCH underwent halving yesterday, and the response from the miners was disastrous. It caused nearly a 90% decline in some mining pools as the total hash rate of the network declines drastically.
The block times of Bitcoin Cash [BCH] have increased dramatically, making it easily susceptible to 51% attacks.
The halving of the Bitcoin SV [BSV], backed by the self-proclaimed Satoshi Nakamoto, Craig Wright is due later today. Since the total hashrate for Bitcoin SV has been sufficiently lower than BCH, the halving poses greater risks on Bitcoin SV.
As the price dropped significantly during mid-March, Bitcoin [BTC] saw large scale miner capitulations. However, the charts for BCH and BSV reveal that these miners might be motivated by belief, rather than profitablity.
In the short-term, it builds a positive case against severe miner capitulations, but the long-term sustainability of these protocols is still uncertain.
Bitcoin SV price has seen a 17% increase in the last two days. Moreover, the break above the 200-Day Moving Average along with resistance from the levels of the drop during the coronavirus panic around $190, which is bullish.
However, the halving poses risk to the on-chain stability of the protocol as the profitability of miners will drop by 50%.
Furthermore, apart from the susceptibility to attacks, even at the current hash rate, Bitcoin is more profitable to mine as well. Hence, this opportunity cost will motivate the miners to shift to Bitcoin.
How do you think the network will react to the halving? Please share your views with us.
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Crypto.com Users Reportedly Lose $15 Million Or At Least 4,600 ETH
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?