Bitcoin Taproot upgrade is all set to get activated by this Saturday nearly five months after getting locked in nearly five months ago in June. The taproot upgrade is being seen as one of the biggest upgrades on the BTC network in a decades time. The much-awaited upgrade promises to help with privacy, efficiency, and security.
Taproot promises to bring programmable scripting quite similar to Ethereum smart contracts and thus could make way for other ecosystems working on top of it. In today’s time even though Bitcoin is clearly the top crypto asset, its functions are not as vast as smart contract networks such as Ethereum, and Polkadot.
With a focus on privacy, the Taproot upgrade would introduce MAST (Merkelized Abstract Syntax Tree) which would make it easier to obscure the source of transactions and make the Bitcoin network more privacy-centered. The upgrade would make it difficult for an outsider to differentiate between multi-signature transactions and Lightning Network transactions.
Is Taproot Upgrade Priced In?
Any major upgrade for a crypto blockchain has obvious implications on its price, mostly in a bullish manner. It was seen during Ethereum’s London Hardfork as well as in the runup to Cardano’s smart contract upgrade. In both the mentioned cases the price of the native crypto-assets rose to new ATHs due to the anticipation around it. The same can be said for the Bitcoin network as well given Taproot is one of the biggest upgrades that would various aspects and functionalities.
BTC’s price is currently trading at $64,670 after recording a new ATH above $69,000 on several exchanges. The price retraced soon after reaching the ATH and dipped by nearly $5K, however with the taproot upgrade just days away, BTC could get out of the consolidation phase to retest ATH. Many market pundits also believe that the Taproot upgrade is already priced in for the top cryptocurrency.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?