- Bitcoin refreshes lower price levels at $18,000 as declines loom towards $17,500.
- BTC/USD will invalidate the bearish outlook if the price closes the day above $18,000 and perhaps steps above the 100 SMA.
Bitcoin was recently rejected at $19,500, forcing buyers to seek refuge at lower levels. The flagship cryptocurrency tried to hold above $19,000 but the headwind increased, perhaps due to exhaustion on the part of the bulls.
The dive under $19,000 confirmed the bearish outlook, leaving sellers hopeful that BTC can extend the bearish leg to $18,000. Indeed, the support at $18,000 was tested but on the brighter side, it was not broken.
At the time of writing, Bitcoin is trading at $18,240 after failing to sustain the recovery above $18,250. The bearish outlook is still fresh and declines are likely to continue, especially if BTC closes the day under $18,200.
BTC/USD 4-hour chart
On the other, Bitcoin is seen to have been trading within a descending parallel channel that failed to confirm a bull flag. It is essential that the lower boundary is guarded at all costs, otherwise, the bellwether cryptocurrency might dump to refresh the price level at $17,500, as highlighted by the 200 Simple Moving Average.
For now, the least resistance path is still downwards, until Bitcoin embraces formidable support. Here, buyers will concentrate on building a new bullish outlook with the aim of hitting highs above $20,000.
On the upside, holding above $18,200 might help to bring stability back to the market. It is this stability that will allow buyers to join the market, hopeful that the flagship cryptocurrency will make its way above $19,000. Trading above 100 SMA would be the first step to lifting off to higher price levels.
Bitcoin intraday levels
Spot rate: $18,240
Relative change: -50
Percentage change: -0.3
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?