Galaxy Digital, a crypto custody firm led by Mike Novogratz has filed for a Bitcoin ETF before the US SEC on 12th April. The latest filing before the SEC takes the total number of Bitcoin ETF applications pending before the regulator to nine.
Galaxy Bitcoin ETF will be an exchange-traded fund that issues common shares of beneficial interest that trade on NYSE. The Galaxy Digital Bitcoin ETF if approved would see it hold bitcoin and value its Shares daily based on the value of the Index, which is calculated based on data from bitcoin pricing sources selected by Bloomberg Index Services Limited.
Galaxy Digital Funds LLC would sponsor the Trust, Delaware Trust Company would act as a trustee and custodian of the Trust, responsible for holding the physical bitcoin under its custody.
Galaxy Digital Has Filed For Ethereum ETF in Canada
Before its US Bitcoin ETF proposal, Galaxy Digital has filed for an Ethereum ETF called CI Galaxy Ethereum ETF in several provinces of Canada. The reason for filing an Ethereum ETF in North America was because of the approval of the world’s first Bitcoin ETF in the form of Purpose Group Bitcoin ETF. The first Bitcoin ETF has already amassed over $1 billion worth of Bitcoin in just two months of trading. This has fueled the demand for a Bitcoin ETF in the US which has a 10X larger market than Canada.
A total of 9 Bitcoin ETFs applications are now pending before the SEC including the latest Galaxy Digital Filing. Prior to the current Bitcoin ETF rising demand, a similar series of Bitcoin ETFs were filed after the 2017 bull run, most of which were rejected by the SEC citing high volatility and comparatively small market capitalization, however, as of today the market has grown exponentially and the price volatility is also on the decline.
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Crypto.com Users Reportedly Lose $15 Million Or At Least 4,600 ETH
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?