Olaf Scholz, the German Finance minister on Friday said that the European Central Bank must work very hard towards finalizing their plans for a digital Euro and a digital payment network. Scholz’s comment came during an online conference on future payments. The finance minister noted that the growing demand for a national digital payment system from the public and businesses alike is a clear hint that the central bank must come up with a plan for the same as soon as possible.
“On the digital euro, I think we should work very hard. It is nothing where we should wait and see, (We) should be able to decide at any time that now we should do something with a digital euro.”
In the wake of the rising popularity of cryptocurrencies and the efficient technology powering it, many developed countries are looking to develop a national digital currency payment system with a central bank-issued digital currency called CBDC. China is currently at the top of the CBDC game as they started almost 6 years earlier and are currently testing the roll-out trials in a number of provinces in the country.
China’s progress and plans of a large-scale roll-out have got many western nations on their feet especially the United States who sees China as a potential threat to the world’s superpower. Recently the National Intelligence director wrote to the SEC chairman expressing concerns over China’s growing dominance in the digital asset field and also called for more inclusive crypto regulations to allow US tech companies to compete with them.
The European Central Bank has also been mulling over the idea of issuing a national digital currency for quite some time now as they look for ways that the CBDC can play a role in simplifying national and international trades.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5