It is already well established that any positive activity around Elon Musk and Tesla often boosts Dogecoin’s price almost instantly. In a latest development, a U.S. citizen is charging Musk with alleged involvement in Dogecoin related fraud in a Musk Dogecoin lawsuit.
According to a Bloomberg report, Musk, along with SpaceX and Tesla were sued for $258 billion over Doge-related claims. The case filing suggests allegations that they are part of a “racketeering scheme to back Dogecoin.
‘Dogecoin Is Deceptive’
The report mentions Keith Johnson as an American citizen who is behind the lawsuit. Johnson was allegedly “defrauded out of money by defendants’ Dogecoin Crypto Pyramid Scheme.” He claimed that they constitute an illegal racketeering enterprise to inflate Dogecoin’s price.
In his complaint filed on Thursday in federal court in Manhattan, he said,
“Defendants falsely and deceptively claim that Dogecoin is a legitimate investment when it has no value at all.”
Demand To Block Musk From Promoting Dogecoin
In the complaint, Johnson sought to represent all those who lost money trading in Dogecoin since April 2019. Demanding $86 billion in damages and triple damages of $172 billion, he also demands action against Musk.
He wants the court to issue an order preventing the Tesla CEO from promoting the world’s largest memecoin. Johnson also wants Dogecoin trading to be declared as constituting gambling under the state and federal law in the Musk Dogecoin lawsuit.
Recently, Musk announced Tesla merchandise could be purchased using Dogecoin, taking the token’s price upwards. It was also announced that Dogecoin could also be used to purchase SpaceX merchandise too soon.
The billionaire himself is a DOGE holder and often openly supports the token in his tweets. The tweets, almost always, attract positive price action for Dogecoin. Musk’s interest in purchasing social media platform Twitter had also sparked interest in Dogecoin purchasing.
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Cardano (ADA) Sees Big Drop In Interest, But Is Likely Primed For A Rally
- Digital Asset Investment Products Saw Net Outflows of USD 423 Million Last Week, Sell on Rise?
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000