The world’s largest meme cryptocurrency, Dogecoin (DOGE), surged over 5% in just a few minutes on Thursday, after “dogefather” Elon Musk offered to buy Twitter for $43 billion.
Musk recently became Twitter’s largest shareholder, holding a 9.2% stake. He recently also toyed with the idea of accepting DOGE as payment for a subscription service, a development to which the meme token responded positively.
Still, DOGE prices appeared to have stabilized after an initial spike. It remains to be seen whether Twitter will accept the proposal.
DOGE jumps as much as 6%
DOGE bounced from the $0.1392 price level to $0.1475 in reaction to the offer. The token is trading at an average price of $0.145005, at the press time. DOGE is already up by 5%, while, its 24 hours trading volume has surged by over 19%.
Recently, Elon Musk rejected Twitter’s offer to join its board of directors even after becoming the biggest shareholder of the company. Musk has offered to pay $54.20 for each share in the social media firm. Musk said he intended to unlock Twitter’s potential as a global platform for free speech through a takeover.
Steven Ehrlich, Director of Research at Forbes Crypto, noted that DOGE is likely pumping over Elon Musk’s Twitter proposal.
Whale accumulation grows
Meanwhile, the news has left the whales and Dogecoin lovers excited. According to the Ðogecoin Whale Alert, there has been a sudden increase in the Whales’ DOGE accumulation. In the past few hours, Whales have bought over $11 million worth of Dogecoins in multiple transactions. The biggest transaction that has been recorded of $3.23 million.
Musk holds DOGE, and has also hyped it in his tweets, sparking strong price movement from the token. Electric car maker Tesla also accepts the meme token as payment for certain merchandise.
This is not the first time that Dogecoin has reacted like this over Elon Musk’s Tweet or announcement. The last time when it was revealed that Tesla’s chief has bought huge stakes in the social media platform, DOGE’s and Twitter’s prices jumped by 8% and 25% respectively.
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- Just-In: Indian Central Bank Head Bashes Crypto After Latest Crash
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?