The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has once again delayed its decision on the Valkyrie Bitcoin Exchange Traded Fund (ETF). In a public notice dated first November, the chief regulatory body has extended the deadline to January 7, 2022. This is another delay in Valkyrie’s Bitcoin ETF proposal as the first extension was set for December 8 by the SEC before changing it again on Monday. Thus, it is clear that the US won’t see its first spot Bitcoin ETF this year.
“The Commission finds that it is appropriate to designate a longer period within which to issue an order approving or disapproving the proposed rule change so that it has sufficient time to consider the proposed rule change and the issues raised in the comment letters that have been submitted in connection therewith,” the notice said.
The delay in the decision for the approval of a spot BTC ETF didn’t come as a surprise for many given SEC chief Gary Gensler had made it clear that crypto ETF products linked to the futures market have a higher chance of approval. This came true in October when SEC approved two Futures based Bitcoin ETFs. The first Bitcoin Futures ETF from ProShares even broke several records becoming the fastest ETF to reach $1 billion in assets.
Eric Balchunas, the Bloomberg ETF analyst who had correctly predicted the approval of Bitcoin Futures ETF said he wasn’t surprised at the SEC’s latest delay. He had earlier predicted that a spot ETF would eventually get the green light by the first quarter of 2022.
— Eric Balchunas (@EricBalchunas) November 2, 2021
Australia Leaves US Behind as it Approves Bitcoin Spot ETF
The US SEC might be reluctant to approve a spot ETF this year, but the chief Australian security regulator has already given a nod for the spot Bitcoin ETF, making it the second nation after Canada to approve a spot ETF.
Earlier, Canada took the lead to become the first nation to approve a Bitcoin ETF in the form of Purpose Group’s ETF.
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Breaking: Elon Musk Bets McDonalds to Accept Dogecoin (DOGE) As Payment
- T-series And Hefty Entertainment join forces with Hungama to delve into Web 3.0 to create NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?