Bancoagrícola, the largest financial institution in El Salvador announced that it has enabled bitcoin payments for consumers. The bank in collaboration with the New York-based leading payment network, Flexa will facilitate BTC payments through a mobile app. Bancoagrícola is currently accepting bitcoin (BTC) to pay for loans, credit cards, and merchant goods and services, in compliance with the new “Bitcoin Law“, which has been in effect since September 7.
Bitcoin Payments Without any Additional Interest
Bancoagrícola has become the world’s first bank to completely integrate Bitcoin into its payment offerings. Users can now use this service through the installation of the Flexa- or Lightning-enabled wallet app. BTC payments for both, US dollar-based loans and credit cards will accommodate “the exact fair market rate, without any additional fee or spread.”
“We are excited to be the first financial institution in El Salvador to enable bitcoin access for our customers across our entire suite of financial products and to enhance financial inclusion,” said Carlos Mauricio Novoa, COO of Bancoagrícola. Flexa has been instrumental in helping us prioritize our customers’ experiences using bitcoin as legal tender in El Salvador; we look forward to continuing to innovate alongside them for a long time to come.”, he added.
Bancoagrícola merchants are using the Wompi payment gateway to accept BTC payments, which is also capable of enabling Flexa-powered bitcoin payments. Additionally, this gateway warrants “zero system fraud and no fees for end customers” according to the Press Release.
The bank also plans to bring turnkey, i.e., fraud-proof bitcoin payments via Flexa to all its’ clients point-of-sale terminals by the end of this year.
“The opportunity to partner with organizations as innovative and world-class as Bancoagrícola and Grupo Bancolombia so that we can support better payment technology for millions of Salvadorans in such a tangible and impactful way is simply incredible. We’re very grateful to have spent the last few months on this journey with the Bancoagrícola team and can’t wait to see how the rest of this financial revolution unfolds.”, said Trevor Filter, co-founder of Flexa.
- ETH Whales Add Polygon (MATIC) Amid Prices Surge Of 60% In Last 7 Days
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%