Canaan, one of the top crypto mining machine makers released an unaudited financial report for the third quarter of 2020 in which the company incurred a net loss of $12.7 million. The report revealed that the firm made $24 million in net revenues in Q3, seeing a decline of almost 76% from the same quarter last year when it reported a revenue of $100 million.
The crypto mining maker has registered a sharp dip in their revenue in the third quarter, however, despite the loss, the firm is committed to expanding their reach in the crypto mining business and has invested $45 million towards the same. Wu Blockchain, a popular crypto handle known for bringing exclusive news from the Chinese crypto and blockchain ecosystem revealed that Canaan Inc received an additional payment of $45 million for mining machines.
Canaan, first listed mining machine company, announced its Q3 financial report. Although the data has declined, it has revealed an advance payment of $45million and is ready to move forward to crypto. In the past two months, Canaan's stock has risen by 200%, FMR has re-held pic.twitter.com/v9XEBndin4
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) November 30, 2020
The official tweet further revealed that the total amount of pre-sale orders for mining machines in the fourth quarter of this year and the first quarter of next year was over 45 million.
The net revenue of Canaan in quarter three came down to $24 million, suggesting the mining machine manufacturer has taken significant price cuts to maintain its position in the market. The firm sold 2.9 million terahashes per second (TH/s) of computing power from July to September averaging $8.27 per tera hash which is a significant 70% drop from the third quarter of 2019 when they sold at an average price of $27.5 per TH/s.
The quarterly revenue of Canaan might have seen a significant dip on a YOY basis, however, the share price of the crypto mining manufacturer has soared by almost 200% over the past two months generating great returns for the investors. The rise in share prices is being attributed to the ongoing bullish rally of bitcoin, where the top cryptocurrency has breached the $19,000 mark again after a sharp 14% correction on Friday.
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Terra Crash Spilled Over Into Other L-1 Blockchains, Here’s How
- SEC Chair Gensler Responds To Terra Crash, More Regulation Due?
- Terra Like A Crypto “Pyramid Scheme,” Says Activist Investor Bill Ackman
- Ethereum Shorts Building Up, ETH Exchange Supply Rises
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Day Death Cross, More Bloodbath Coming?
- Crypto Expert PlanB Reveals New Bitcoin (BTC) Bull Run
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout