Cardano (ADA) reclaimed the third spot earlier today on the back of a 22% surge that saw the altcoin post a new ATH of $2.55. Cardano has now joined Terra (LUNA) and Solana (SOL) to become the third altcoin to reach a new ATH after the market crash in May. ADA rose from a daily low of $2.05 to post the new ATH.
SOL became the first altcoin to hit ATH after it breached the $80 mark on August 18. while LUNA hit its ATH of $33 the very next day. The price surge in altcoins and the overall crypto market indicates we are entering the second leg of this bull run.
The price rise is being attributed to the upcoming Alonzo Purple upgrade that would make Cardano smart contract compatible. The developer community behind the network has also launched a stack exchange, which is a new community-driven Q&A resource to support developers. The foundation also announced the launch of the algorithmic stablecoin project Djed for price stability.
Today saw the publication of an important new paper tackling these challenges. Find out more about this new breakthrough protocol that behaves like an autonomous bank 2/2 https://t.co/BH1A7EEHeo
— Input Output (@InputOutputHK) August 18, 2021
Cardano founder Charles Hoskinson believes the price of the token would only appreciate further from here and might reach $150 by the end of the year. The altcoin price has made mammoth gain since the announcement of the Alonzo Purple upgrade, scheduled for September 12.
Which Cryptocurrency Could Reach ATH Next?
The crypto market has recovered valiantly in August post three months of bearish trends dominating the market. Most of the cryptocurrencies have recovered nearly half of their losses from the May market sell-off and now looking set to retest their ATHs. Both Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) are down by nearly 27% from their ATH. However, the next crypto token that could possibly post a new ATH is FTX crypto exchange’s native token FTT.
FTT is currently trading at $52.24 with a 14% surge over the past 24-hours, and the next key resistance lies at $54.56. The altcoin has posted three daily green candles in a row and is only down by 17.6% from its ATH of $63.08. Just like Binance’s BNB token rose to new ATHs during the previous cycle, FTT could become the king of utility tokens this cycle.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?