Cardano ($ADA) breached the 1 million staking wallets milestone earlier on Sunday. This was the first major milestone for the proof-of-stake blockchain after the much-hyped Alonzo hardfork in September this year. The rising popularity of ADA staking highlights Cardano’s growing influence in the Defi ecosystem. Charles Hoskinson, the founder shared the milestone with his Twitter followers with a screenshot of staking wallet stats and the number of active pools.
We did it! https://t.co/cpQCV8LQdo
— Charles Hoskinson (@IOHK_Charles) December 5, 2021
The Alonzo hardfork in September integrated smart contract support, opening many new avenues in the defi. Critics have continued to be skeptical about Cardano’s impact on the defi market due to its late entry, however, Hoskinson has maintained throughout that the focus is on building a reliable product rather than a gimmick. Cardano has swiftly made a mark in the Defi ecosystem with a growing number of stakers and Dapp support.
Cardano is also set to launch its first decentralized exchange in the form of Sundae Swap later today and the team has encouraged developers and users to find bugs to make it a formidable product when launched on the mainnet.
“And expect bugs in the DEX. The sundaes wap team is encouraging you to find some. Remember this is early DApp software, and it’s still early days for DeFi on Cardano. Testnet are a key part of iterating & improving the experience”
Later today, @SundaeSwap will launch their DEX on the #Cardano TestNet launch. We’re expecting a huge amount of interest in this highly-anticipated event, and lots of activity. This is why we are collaborating. Because we're looking to learn a lot, too.
— Input Output (@InputOutputHK) December 5, 2021
Can Cardano’s Rising DeFi Popularity Help $ADA Price?
Cardano’s rising Defi popularity and growing development activity on the blockchain haven’t reflected on the price. $ADA price hit a new ATH in the run-up to the Alonzo upgrade hitting $3.10 and many expected the price to rise further after the successful update quite similar to Ethereum. However, the $ADA price continued to slide downwards even when other altcoins made new highs.
Cardano ($ADA) is currently trading at $1.32 with a 7% decline over the last 24-hours. The altcoin lost key support around $1.60 during the recent market flash crash and now looks to gain back momentum amid overall market recovery. Cardano proponents believe the growing development on the platform has not priced in yet, and once it does, ADA would get back to its bullish ways.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?