Cardano (ADA) is currently in a key transition phase, moving towards becoming a smart contract compatible blockchain with Alonzo hardfork. However, critics beleive the network hasn’t delivered on its promises. One Twitter user pointed toward the last year’s tweet made by founder Charles Hoskinson on what the network would be capable of in a year.
Ok, so @IOHK_Charles predicted this a year back.
No asset on $ADA, forget 1000's of DApps not a single dapp on $ADA, only 1-2 projects announced working on $ADA@IOHK_Charles what happened to your predictions? What's the prediction for next 1 year now? https://t.co/qreMVlOX1i
— Undervalued Cryptos (@altcoin_bets) July 4, 2021
Hokinson responded to the tweet suggesting there are currently thousands of assets live on the Cardano blockchain and more are joining with each passing day.
There are thousands of assets on Cardano. I guess you haven't been paying attention. Tons of devs learning, training, writing. Lots of launch apps.
— Charles Hoskinson (@IOHK_Charles) July 4, 2021
While Hoskinson is not wrong when he claims there are thousands of assets and tokens live on the platform as the functionality was integrated into the network with Mary Hardfork. However, out of those thousands, only a couple of tokens can be deemed active or functional.
A Significant Majority of Listed Tokens on Cardano are Inactive
The Cardano blockchain boasts over 6,500 listed assets but only two of these tokens have notable transaction activity with over 10,000 transactions per second. While the fourth-largest blockchain by market cap is not new to criticism and many have even called it a ghost blockchain, Hoskinson has maintained that they don’t pay much heed to trolls and only focuses on development.
The smart contract integration currently underway would make Cardano more compatible with Dapps and also help it compete against the likes of Ethereum, Solana, and Polkadot. The Alonzo hard fork is in full swing with the first successful testnet deployment and smart contract compatibility by August end.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?