Crypto companies seem to be eager to make their public debut this year as the crypto market crossed the trillion-dollar market cap this bull run. Coinbase was among the first crypto companies to announce their decision to go public with an IPO in the first quarter of 2021. Bakkt became the second prominent crypto firm to announce that it would go public by merging with a SPAC company followed by eToro.
A total of 8 crypto companies till now have announced their plans to get listed on publically traded exchange this year and many might follow a similar suit. The IPO market has proven to be a great game-changer for many startups and firms over the last decade as their valuation has more than doubled soon after listing the most recent example being Airbnb IPO.
The funding rate has also seen a significant rise over the years as the amount of capital raised has increased, suggesting the rising investor interest in these public offerings.
How Crypto Companies Would Fair in Traditional Market?
The IPO market is currently a hot cake as stocks surged nearly 70% since the last fall in March, thus the time could play in crypto companies’ favor. Coinbase was valued at $8 billion in 2018 and currently holds nearly $90 billion in assets on its platform with a 45 million user base, thus making it one of the most prominent IPOs in the crypto world.
The growing interest of institutions and wall street can also drive the crypto IPO frenzy further as more crypto companies decided to cash on the bulls Sentiment. Nice Carter, co-founder of Coin Metrics said that the world is looking at the crypto industry now as the traditional financial system shows signs of crumbling and he belive the world would bet their money on the fastest growing industry. He said,
“It’s a pure-play bet on the fastest growing industry in the world, crypto, and we’re in the loosest money regime in history,”
Matt Maley, chief market strategist at Miller Tabak + Co believes the crypto IPO frenzy could also be signaling that the top companies in the space are trying to cash on the recent attention around bitcoin and crypto assets in general. He explained
“When a bunch of companies in the same sector goes public at the same time, it tells you that the people who run those companies realize that their valuations are very high. The smart guys are taking advantage of this parabolic move right now.”
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?