Crypto exchange Blockchain.com reportedly intends to file an initial public offering (IPO) with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) this year. The exchange is currently working with investment banks over the necessary legal and compliance procedures.
The planned listing will be the second-largest crypto IPO after Coinbase, which went public last year. Blockchain.com intends to list by the end of 2022 or early 2023, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
However, the plans of the company might be delayed or changed as per business strategies and conditions.
Blockchain.com among the biggest U.S. crypto exchanges
Blockchain.com is one of the largest crypto exchanges in the United States. The company increased its valuation to about $14 billion in a funding round held in March. The round was led by Lightspeed Venture Partners and Baillie Gifford & Co, and doubled the company’s valuation.
Data from Coinmarketcap Blockchain.com is the 35th-largest exchange by daily volumes, which were $15.2 million over the past 24 hours.
Blockchain.com’s CFO Macrina Kgil announced in August last year that the company was witnessing growing crypto transactions and could go public in the next 18 months.
Blockchain.com is led by chief executive officer Peter Smith and allows users to trade and store digital tokens. The company started its operations in 2011 as a blockchain explorer and later launched a crypto wallet.
Crypto Adoption Grows in the U.S.
Crypto adoption is growing in the U.S. as people have started investing in cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, and other digital assets such as NFTs and digital tokens. Moreover, Blockchain.com is not the only crypto exchange looking for an initial public offering in the U.S.
Binance.US, the American subsidiary of the world’s largest crypto exchange, is also looking to go public. But uncertainty over crypto regulations and policies in the U.S. are delaying crypto companies from publicly listing.
Other firms, such as USDC issuer Circle, have bypassed the IPO process by merging with a blank-check firm.
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- Just-In: Indian Central Bank Head Bashes Crypto After Latest Crash
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?