It looks like crypto investors are having no respite as the bearish sentiment intensifies further. The broader cryptocurrency market is down by another 3.5% today slipping under $2 trillion for the first time since September 2021.
Bitcoin is down 3% falling under its crucial support of $42,500. Thus, it is very much expected that BTC can touch its next support at $40,000. If BTC crashes under this, we are heading to $37,500.
— Lark Davis (@TheCryptoLark) January 6, 2022
On the other hand, the Bitcoin fear and greed index has turned to its lowest since July 2021. This suggests extreme fear in the market and could mean that it could be an opportunity to buy the dips. Well, many analysts in the crypto space have been stating that the current market sell-off is similar to that seen during the summer of September 2021. However, to validate this, BTC needs to show a bounce-back from the current levels thereby seizing the $45K-$50K range once again.
If we want to claim that the current #Bitcoin trend is a tempered version of the summer lull, then we need to see some type of bounce soon. The bounce does not necessarily have to be spectacular, just something to get us back to the prior range (>45k but <$50k). pic.twitter.com/CmAvp8u536
— Benjamin Cowen (@intocryptoverse) January 7, 2022
On the other hand, the heavy protests in Kazakhstan have led to internet shutdowns in the entire country. Knowing the fact that Kazakhstan contributes to 15% of the total hashrate, this is massive. What if the miners in this region start selling their BTC once the internet is resumed? Bitcoin critics like Peter Schiff are already expecting the BTC price to tank to $15,000.
Altcoin Market Crash is Severe Than Bitcoin
The correction in the altcoin space seems to be much severe than what we see today in Bitcoin. The world’s second-largest crypto Ethereum (ETH) is down another 6% with its price crashing under $3250 levels.
Other altcoins are seeing even deeper corrections. The Solana (SOL) price is down another 8% slipping under $140. This is nearly a 40% correction from its all-time high levels.
On the other hand, Terra’s native crypto LUNA slips all the way to $70. This is also a staggering 30% correction from its recent all-time high levels of $100.
The recent crypto market correction follows the correction on Wall Street after the Fed commentary. Will this be the final dip before the market resumes the uptrend once again? Let us know your views.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?