The pro-gold and anti-crypto Euro Pacific Capital’s CEO, Peter Schiff is back at it with his red alerts against the crypto market post the overnight crash. Schiff took to Twitter, warning the investors about more upcoming Bitcoin crashes. He claimed that once BTC falls below $42k, it will soon drop down to the $30k bracket and further predicted a fall as steep as $15k.
Additionally, Schiff recommended investors with underlying debt against their BTC, to begin a sell off before it is too late. He suggested, “you had better sell enough Bitcoin now to repay your debt rather than be liquidated later at much lower prices”.
If #Bitcoin breaks $42K it's headed to $30K. If it breaks $30K it it could crash to $15k. All this might happen very soon. If you've borrowed money against your Bitcoin you had better sell enough Bitcoin now to repay your debt rather than be liquidated later at much lower prices.
— Peter Schiff (@PeterSchiff) January 5, 2022
Schiff’s comments came at a time when the crypto market was already witnessing a rather long ongoing bear and had further been hit with yet another overnight crash. The fear index is high and the fright of investors continue to linger as the global crypto market cap fell over 9 percent in past 24 hours, standing slightly above the $2 trillion mark, at the time of reporting. Bitcoin is merely. floating above $42k with a 7.32 percent drop in the last 24 hours and a market cap of just a little over $800 billion. Following the OG crypto, BTC other coins have also dropped considerably, marking the first big crash of 2022.
Schiff vs Kiyosaki on Bitcoin crash
This was not the first time Schiff warned investors against Bitcoin’s dwindling dominance. According to CoinGape’s reportage during the last week of 2021, Schiff noted that Bitcoin is losing its “first-mover competitive advantage” in lieu of the consistently rising quantity of alt-coins in the market.
With over 16,000 alternative cryptos to choose from, Bitcoin’s market dominance is now below 40% for the first time since June of 2018. With an unlimited supply of easily created cryptos with virtually identical properties, Bitcoin is losing its first-mover competitive advantage
However, the ‘Rich Dad Poor Dad’ author and eminent industry player, Robert Kiyosaki may disagree. Kiyosaki also predicted the biggest upcoming crash for Bitcoin, Gold, silver, and real estate in December. Nevertheless, he blamed “Fake Inflation” to be the reason and noted that when the fake inflation crashes the market will go back up. He further advised to treat the crash as an investment opportunity instead of liquidating at the fight sign of a drop.
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?