A new report originating from mainland China suggests major search engines in the country including Baidu and Sogou have blocked access to top crypto exchanges such as Binance, Huobi, and OKex. A search for these crypto exchanges on these platforms returns no result.
The ban seems to be not just limited to search engines but also popular social media platforms Weibo and Zhihu. Weibo also purged at least 12 popular crypto influencer accounts that were promoting various crypto exchanges only last week.
The Weibo search page even cited new regulations as the reason behind the blockage which read,
“In accordance with relevant laws, regulations, and policies, the search results are not displayed,”
The Chinese crackdown on crypto trading and mining started with several crypto exchanges especially those offering leverage trading, cutting their services to Chinese traders last month. The crypto trading crackdown was followed by mining restrictions in regions such as Inner Mongolia and Xinjiang.
Users Claim Search Results for Crypto Exchanges Working Fine, Another FUD in Making?
China announced a heavy crackdown on crypto-centered activities last month amid a growing number of FUDs in the crypto market. Many insiders claimed the crypto crackdown this time is not just limited to warnings as state regulatory bodies issued guidelines against crypto activities.
After initial reports from popular Chinese dedicated Twitter handle about blocking of crypto exchange search terms, many users indicated that it was working fine for them and even without using a VPN they managed to get results for mentioned blocked crypto exchanges with different keywords. Many even accused these Twitter handles of spreading FUD and claimed that they are knowingly spreading misinformation. One user wrote,
Stop the FUD. pic.twitter.com/ngkoVlVO75
— ₿luefish (@bluefish_79) June 9, 2021
Later reports clarified that those who can access the crypto exchanges are using mobile browsers who might not have updated the policy or using a VPN.
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Reserves Decimated By Terra Crash
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?