The world’s second-largest cryptocurrency Ethereum (ETH) is taking up the lead in the crypto market rally. The ETH price shot up 10% hitting a new all-time high of $4,400 and entering the price discovery zone.
Also, the recent ETH price rally comes on the backdrop of strong address activity. On-chain data provider Santiment reported:
The amount of active addresses interacting on $ETH‘s network just reached a 3-week high, creating a #bullish divergence for this key on-chain metric.
Ethereum is so far keeping up with the BTC price rally since the beginning of Q4 2021. The world’s second-largest cryptocurrency has gained more than 25% so far this month. Many analysts have been expecting $10K price targets by the end of the year. Besides, there is heavy whale accumulation for ETH over the last few weeks.
Ethereum 2.0 Beacon Chain Altair Upgrade
Earlier this week, the Ethereum 2.0 Beacon chain underwent the Altair upgrade with uninterrupted finality. This was the first major upgrade since the launch of the Beacon chain last year. Speaking of the development, Preston Van Loon, a developer on the Ethereum 2.0 client Prysm said:
“Altair has activated successfully! Finality was uninterrupted and participation dropped as low as 93.3% in the first Altair epoch (exact number to be confirmed). Participation is now above 95%”.
The Ethereum users who have been staking with ETH 2.0 need to compulsorily upgrade at their end. Validators of the ETH 2.0 who do not cooperate could be penalized. Van Loon further explained the important developments that come along with the Altair upgrade. He noted:
“Altair is an upgrade to the beacon chain that brings light client support, minor patches to incentives, per-validator inactivity leak accounting, an increase in slashing severity, and cleanups to validator rewards accounting for simplified state management.”
While the Ethereum 2.0 developments continue, Vitalik Buterin recently spoke about the importance of Layer 2 scalability solutions and the urgency for its on the PoW Ethereum blockchain.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?