Jed McCaleb, former CTO of Ripple dumped another 28.6million XRP for the first time since SEC filed a lawsuit against Ripple and two of its executives. McCaleb’s settlement deal with Ripple back in 2013 gave him 9 billion XRP in batches to avoid him dumping his entire portion of settlement tokens on the market. The former CTO is well known to dump a portion of his XRP stash from time to time. However, the long pause of 25 days between his last two dumps is being seen as a result of the lawsuit.
Leonidas Hadjiloizou, a crypto data analyst revealed that McCaleb sold $8.8 million worth of XRP token on January 18 for $0.30 apiece.
Jed's Tacostand had paused XRP sales ever since the SEC lawsuit was announced. After 25 days of no sales, 28.6 million XRP was sold today. pic.twitter.com/XTMgmvDFZF
— Leonidas Hadjiloizou (@LeoHadjiloizou) January 18, 2021
The analyst reminded that it was not the first instance when the former CTO has taken such an abrupt break, however on previous occasions the primary reason for the break was his charity, the break allowed the charity he donated to sell the XRP. He explained,
Jed had paused his sales in the past, to allow a charity he had donated XRP to sell. This time, however, he paused his sales right after the lawsuit. There is no way to know why he resumed. He could have waited for some advice from his lawyers or a million other reasons.
XRP rises by 10% on a Green Day as Delisting Woes Continues
XRP was trading at $0.304 at press time and has risen by more than 10% over the past 24 hours in the wake of the altcoin surge. Even though XRP has managed to recover above $0.30 post the lawsuit followed by a delisting spree mostly by the US-based crypto platforms, the crypto token lost its long-held third position to Tether and then Polkadot overtook it for the fourth spot.
While the future of XRP in the US looks grim at least until the lawsuit finalizes, the token would be looking at its market outside the US especially the Asia Pacific region for survival.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%