Cryptocurrency exchange ChangeNow has reportedly frozen 500,000 XRP out of the 23 million stolen from Gatehub.io during the wallet hack earlier this month. The funds were ceased when ChangeNow found out a number of black-listed addresses associated with the hack were trying to exchange the 500,000 XRP on its exchange platform.
2.5 million XRP sent to ChangeNow
Gatehub, the cryptocurrency wallet platform was hacked with about 100 XRP Ledger wallets compromised, according to an official announcement from Gatehub. ChangeNow was part of the investigation into the matter and succeeded in blacklisting some of the addresses involved in the hack which were later found to be attempting to exchange 2.5 million of the stolen XRP on ChangeNow. The exchange couldn’t stop the entire amount of XRP being exchanged, but managed to stop 500,000 0f the 2.5 million XRP.
ChangeNow is still actively working with Gatehub to resolve the situation as its contribution towards making the crypto space a safer place. The XRP was frozen on the 9 June, just 3 days after the announcement of the hack by Gatehub. The frozen funds are still in ChangeNow custody and they have pledged to return it to Gatehub.
ChangeNow working to avert future occurrence
ChangeNow certainly isn’t happy with the situation as a good chunk of the stolen funds were exchanged on the platform. The exchange has the vision to stop at least 90% of any stolen funds being exchanged through the platform by improving their risk management and creating a closer working relationship with the crypto community and relevant investigators to ensure a faster response in the case of a similar event in the future.
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- Buy The Dip? Whales Add $1.2 Bln Bitcoin As Price Falls Below $30K
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why