Chicago Mercantile Exchange CME Group has announced a strategic partnership with Google as part of its access expansion efforts. According to CEO and chair of CME Group Terry Duffy, the collaboration and investment will improve the company company’s chances of transforming derivatives markets through technology, while also creating efficiencies for all market participants.
Google Invests $1 Billion
Google reportedly made the investment through the company’s nonvoting convertible preferred stock.
Speaking about the long-term partnership with Google Cloud, CME Group chair and CEO Terry Duffy believes that the merger will help the company to bring new products and services to markets, relatively faster. He also believes that the partnership will help CME to change the face of derivatives markets using technology, all whilst expanding access and creating efficiencies for all market participants.
The CME Group
The Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group is well known for its wide range of crypto derivatives offerings and was behind the very first Bitcoin (BTC) futures contract launched in December 2017. Ever since that time, the exchange has showed no signs of slowing down, expanding its offerings of crypto derivatives to include micro BTC futures, micro Ether (ETH) futures, as well as BTC options.
Data made available from CME Group, suggests that the average daily volume in its Bitcoin futures reached 6,243 contracts as at Wednesday November 3.
Meanwhile as at the time of writing , the company’s market capitalization is $79.05 billion, establishing its foothold as a major player in the industry.
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Breaking: Elon Musk Bets McDonalds to Accept Dogecoin (DOGE) As Payment
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?