Not a day has gone by in recent weeks without a new DeFi food flavor having a moonshot as ‘degen’ farmers chase the latest yield pool. Today it is Shroom Finance on the back of recent NFT fever.
Shroom Finance is aiming to build a decentralized ecosystem for in-game asset trading and minting though the issuance of non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Bridging Gaming and Crypto
NFTs are a special type of token on the Ethereum network primarily using the ERC-721 and ERC-1155 standards to create verifiable digital scarcity. They have surged in popularity recently on the back of a burgeoning digital art scene.
According to research, the gaming industry is expected to surpass $200 billion in 2023, with video game assets trading well over $50 billion per year. Shroom Finance plans to leverage this in order to enable the issuance/minting, launching, and trading of these digital assets with unprecedented ease.
It also aims to bridge the gaming world and crypto industry;
“Game developers tapping into DeFi liquidity, capital and Yield Farming minting processes, and DeFi LPs/farmers supporting, driving and owning in-game economies.”
A recent Delphi Digital report has labelled the project as ‘compelling’ with a lot of room for potential and Shroom Finance token prices are moving as a result of the heightened activity surrounding the platform.
SHROOM Rug Pull?
A number of high profile crypto traders and analysts, such as Josh Rager, have been actively plugging the platform recently which has clearly contributed to the token price surge;
You'd think they would learn by now – there is a lot more in the pipeline for both that will bring tremendous value to this market
That's why I share – both are longer-term holds for good reason
— Josh Rager ???? (@Josh_Rager) September 30, 2020
When asked if SHROOM had the potential to reach $1, Rager replied;
“In my opinion, it’s an “of course it does”. Especially after Gameswap release next month”
Crypto analyst ‘IncomeSharks’ has noted a parabolic move on the charts which could be indicative of a ‘rug pull’, which is the DeFi term for a pump and dump.
$SHROOM has gone parabolic. I'm eyeing $.30 as a top. Pumps like these aren't immune to rug pulls and telling yourself "this one is different" is a dangerous game. Will be glad to be wrong but this is how I see it unbiased. pic.twitter.com/bo0QWkdzc0
— IncomeSharks (@IncomeSharks) October 1, 2020
Over the past five days, SHROOM prices have surged 165% from around $0.104 to top out at $0.275 yesterday according to Uniswap.info.
Today they’re dumping in what appears to be that ‘rug pull’ resulting in the loss of 27% in just a few hours down to $0.20.
This type of action has become the norm for tokens from anonymously founded, unaudited DeFi protocols which are largely driven by hype. The same thing happened with SushiSwap and its tokens are now 88% down from their peak.
Shroom Finance does have a unique concept that should be a winner, in the long run, providing the whales and yield jumpers can stay still for a while.
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?