Litecoin ($LTC) currently ranked fifteenth on the coinmarketcap is recovering from Tuesday’s market crash and is up 5% for the day trading at $184.57. The altcoin recently caught everyone’s attention as its price rose to a new 3-month high of $232.10 right before the market crash. Many analysts believe the hard-forked sibling of Bitcoin could be up for a mammoth run as the development activity has surged on the network.
Analysts have pointed towards the very bullish cup and handle pattern forming on the long-term chart that could help the altcoin people to new ATHs. Currently, $LTC is down by over 55% from its ATH of $412.96, but many believe it would not only surpass the price but might dwell into four figures by the end of this year.
— Master⚡️250k BTC 3k LTC 2021 (@MASTERBTCLTC) September 8, 2021
Litecoin Beats Cardano to Smart Contract and NFT Launch
Keeping up with the market trend, Litecoin foundation announced the launch of Omnilite, a layer-2 NFT marketplace that would allow traders to mint NFTs using smart contracts. The launch comes at a crucial juncture when the NFT hype is at its highest and many age-old digital collectibles are fetching millions. By launching a layer-2 NFT solution, traders could utilize Litecoin’s privacy and low fees to mint a new range of million-dollar NFT collections.
“OmniLite is an open-source platform that facilitates the creation of decentralized tokens and smart contracts along with crypto-assets such as tokens and NFT’s. OmniLite, being a layered protocol built on top of Litecoin’s blockchain, takes advantage of its reputable network security and low fees. The tokens created via OmniLite can be considered to be an extension of Litecoin and as a result, the transactions from these tokens are recorded on its block.”
Solana ($SOL), one of the fastest-growing blockchains which also launched its NFT marketplace recently has seen instant success. Along with new ATH price rises, the altcoin’s NFT collectibles are also creating new records despite being comparatively new to the game. Similarly, Litecoin’s Omnilite could also prove to be a gamechanger amid growing NFT hype. The Litecoin blockchain has also beaten Cardano to smart contract launch with Omnilite. The Cardano Alonzo upgrade is scheduled to integrate the smart contract this coming Sunday.
Litecoin seems to be ahead of Ethereum as well since Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of Ethereum recently proposed the use of L2 for NFTs to improve scalability and transaction costs.
Or just use Litecoin Omni Lite https://t.co/9g3NR2sWrS
— LTC J (Not financial advice) (@DGB_LTC_J) September 8, 2021
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?