Charlie Munger, Berkshire Hathaway vice chairman, sang praises for the Chinese government’s censorious act against Alibaba’s Jack Ma. Advised the US government to learn from and opt for China’s financial regulations. Ma’s sympathizers and the crypto community came together to shut down Munger’s mockery of Ma and the US government.
Both his past and present actions are taken into account to call out Munger for his lack of knowledge and empathy.
Berkshire Hathaway vice chairman Charlie Munger praised the Chinese government for silencing Alibaba's Jack Ma in a recent interview, adding that he wishes US financial regulators were more like those in China. https://t.co/Pc0TGtz9XT
— CNN (@CNN) June 30, 2021
Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon NetworkBitcoin News
“Communists did the right thing,”, Munger told CNN
Munger is on the receiving end of social media trolling right now; not because the 97-year-old billionaire said something offensive and orthodox, but because of his double standards. Last year Munger criticized the Chinese regulators upon the unceremoniously halting Ant Group’s billion-dollar IPO project. He commented against the Chinese government for restricting innovation in the business sphere, which Munger believed is essential for a “civilization”.
However, Munger clarified how he would not want the US to adopt all Chinese policies, but it would not hurt America to have stricter financial regulation.
Crypto Community calls out Munger, again
After the 2018 roast of cryptocurrencies by Charlie Munger and Warren Buffett, the crypto community has not shown the duo any mercy in critiquing their every move. Munger, after comparing crypto to “dementia” in 2018, continued to disregard its existence as a threat to civilization referring to a lack of ethics and trust in the cryptosystem.
Same billionaire that calls Bitcoin “contrary to the interests of civilization” calls for the US to be more totalitarian, communist, and censorious.
What kind of civilization, exactly, does he have in mind? https://t.co/MOd2DMHME6
— Alex Gladstein 🌋 (@gladstein) July 1, 2021
The crypto community looked enraged at Munger’s hypocrisy and pro-censorship stance on social media. The community anyway does not appreciate Munger’s supremacist attitude, but they completely condemned Munger’s move of advocating for China’s government and advising the US to take notes.
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- Buy The Dip? Whales Add $1.2 Bln Bitcoin As Price Falls Below $30K
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why