Iris Energy Pty, a Sydney-based renewable Bitcoin mining firm is looking to raise additional capital before making its debut on Nasdaq. The mining firm was reportedly approached by several blank check companies for SPAC listings, however, the firm turned down those offers as it plans for a direct private listing. The firm said at the time that it doesn’t want to liquidate the holdings of existing shareholders,
According to a person familiar with the matter, the Bitcoin mining firm is looking to raise $200 million from potential investors. The mining company will utilize the raised funds for its listing on the US exchange.
The mining company’s flagship product is a 50-megawatt data center located in British Columbia that makes use of hydropower energy to mine Bitcoin. It aims to reach 15.2 exahash operations per second over the next few years. The demand for clean energy mining could play in its favor and see it raise the target amount.
Chinese Crackdown Helped Bitcoin’s Green Initiative
China’s crypto crackdown over the past few months has not only led to a massive miner migration out of the country, but it has also helped in making the Bitcoin network greener. The majority of crypto mining operations in China were fueled by coal power or other non-renewable sources. The miner exodus to other countries would ensure that the Bitcoin network’s new mining power is green as most of the countries attracting these miners have regulated Bitcoin mining operations with clean energy sources.
A number of crypto firms have gone public this bull season with record valuation and the highest fundraising round in their respective history. Irish Energy had closed another funding round in March this year that was set for $20 million and end up raising $110 million in Canadian dollars. The rising demand for cleaner Bitcoin mining aided with the rising valuation of crypto firms could play in the favor of the mining firm. The firm didn’t comment on the news and even declined to reveal any funding deatils.
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?