Bitcoin (BTC) price gains modestly in a lukewarm trading environment. BTC has been locking gains from January’s low of $32,933.33. While recording an upside of 28%. However, the price retreated after forming a ‘double top’ formation near the swing highs of $45,500.
- Bitcoin (BTC) price continues to consolidate on Monday.
- BTC needs to break the trading range to avoid another week of sideways movement.
- A decisive break below $42,000 will bring more downside in the pair.
The Bitcoin bullish narrative being tested this week as geopolitical tension between Ukraine and Russia and the possibility of a Federal Reserve interest rate hike by 50 basis points in March weighed upon the largest cryptocurrency.
Furthermore, the price of bitcoin has dropped from the 2022 highs and nearly 38% from its November all-time high.
Bitcoin price moves sideways inside a Symmetrical triangle
On the daily chart, after rallying above $45,500 from January’s lows, BTC/USD has since dropped back into the range that has to be broken by strong volumes to set a fresh directional base. Bitcoin is at a relative equilibrium level with clear zones of resistance and support above and below.
The formation of the Symmetrical triangle indicates bulls lack conviction near the upper trend line that merges with the recent swing highs. Expect more sideways movement as BTC crawls near the ascending trend line.
Investors wait for a decisive breakout toward the inflection point. A resurgence of the bullish pressure could push the price into a higher trajectory while aiming for the 200-EMA (Exponential Moving Average) at $49,343.
Next market participants would seek to recoup the psychological $52,0000 level.
On the other hand, a lower breakout could explore the $36,000 horizontal support level.
RSI: The Daily Relative Strength Index (RSI) trades at 53 with a neutral stance indicating the extension of sideways movement.
MACD: The Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) holds above the midline also with a neutral outlook.
Rising Tensions Between Russia And Ukraine
Globally everyone has eyes sticked to rising tensions between Russia and Ukraine. As per latest reports Russian army is ready with firearms and may initiate an invasion at any moment. Russia recently regulated crypto as currencies in the light of large scale of usage of crypto to fund Ukrainian protests.
As reported by Coingape, Russian invasion of Ukraine may put pressure on crypto as this will add to rising market uncertainty. While, crypto is already recovering from latest market crackdown, this fresh uncertainty may add more downfall.
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?