Russia invading Ukraine can send the crypto sets values on a downward spiral. Experts say it could also trigger a BTC slump or highlight what investors like about it. Bitcoin donations have been rising to Ukrainian volunteer and hacking groups. Some of the crypto funds have been channeled to buy equipment for government forces.
The Crypto Sector is facing uncertain times
The world economy is already facing uncertain times with a risk of war in Europe, and rising inflation and looming interest rate hikes are driving uncertainty and volatility. These are the views of IG market analyst Kyle Rodda. eToro market analyst Josh Gilbert says markets hate uncertainty, and that’s why many have pulled back in recent days.
Josh added that investors rotate from risky assets when there is a rise in uncertainty. The political tensions between Ukraine and Russia will indeed affect the crypto sector.
News.Com.Au quoted Gilbert saying. “If political tensions intensify between Russia and Ukraine, it’s likely that crypto will come under pressure. As a result, it may also potentially test the lows of 2022 once again. However, we are currently in a position where global economic instability seems to be the ‘new normal’.
Bitcoin looks to dominate
However, the present turmoil has once again highlighted the final goal of BTC of becoming a transparent, open-source, peer-to-peer network not controlled by a single administrator or central bank. In other words, if the banks are closed due to political turmoil, the public will still have access to capital through crypto.
An executive for US investment company Miller Value Partners told CNBC that BTC and other crypto assets are financial insurance against catastrophe as witnessed in Lebanon or Afghanistan where the public could not assess their money due to political turmoil and civil war.
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Pentagon Raises Damning Concerns Over Bitcoin, Ethereum Security
- Bitcoin Cash Sinks 7% As Its Biggest Advocate Is Accused Of Default
- Here’s Why Ethereum (ETH) Price Can Plunge More Ahead
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?