The largest currency starts its day on a flat note near $40,000 and slides into a very tight range with no meaningful price action. Although, the current price action attracts the buyers for the fresh upside positions. In the previous session, BTC lost nearly 7% breaching the crucial $40,000 mark. The downside dangle shows strength around $40,100 to $40,300, and if it holds the areas, a bounce can be expected in the price at least in the short term.
- BTC Price trades in a range-bound manner following the previous day’s sell-off.
- On a broader framework, the formation of the ascending trend line provides the intimation of consolidation in the prices with a positive bias.
- However, the downside risk remains intact below $40,000.
BITCOIN prices stay below critical moving averages
On the daily chart, the price action suggests the buyers who hold long positions might get trapped for the past three sessions. Investors can expect Bitcoin to stabilize near the vital $40,000 level as it formed the double bottom formation. In addition to that, the formation of a ‘Doji’ candlestick suggests indecision among investors.
On the daily chart, the ascending trend line from the lows of $32,933.33 acts as support for the bulls. The price tested the bullish line twice on February 24 and April 18 respectively.
A renewed buying pressure would push the price toward the 50-day EMA at $42,046.38. This would encourage the bulls to take out the psychological $45,000 level.
The Relative Strength Index (RSI) is trading around the 40 levels that hover near the average line.
On the contrary, if the price closes below the session’s low it would first approach the $39,000 mark that also coincides with slopping line. Further, a sustained selling pressure would break the ascending trend line resulting in a fresh round of selling.
As of publication time, BTC/USD trades at $40,395 down 0.34% for the day.
- Whales Eye Litecoin Ahead Of Major Update, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Robinhood Now Supports Web3 Wallets And NFTs
- U.S. Is Winning Bitcoin Mining Race But China Still Not Out Of Picture: Report
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?