The non-fungible token industry has evolved how we look at digital assets today. NFTs first became crypto’s hottest buzzword in 2018, almost a year after its existence. However, this year, the market once again rose to prominence in parallel with the DeFi frenzy, which has, in turn, substantially revolutionized users’ relationship with digital items. In the latest development, Richard Chen, a Partner at the crypto VC firm 1confirmation revealed that October has set yet another milestone with respect to NFT digital art.
His tweet read,
“October is another record month for NFT digital art with over $1.68M in sales. SuperRare in particular grew by 72% from last month!”
SuperRare is touted as the internet’s digital art market with a global network of digital artists. and nearly 700 artists under its hood. The platform essentially enables artists access to a new revenue stream, and collectors a place to hold onto or trade art assets for appreciated value in the future. Founded in 2017 on the back of a new non-fungible token standard, this platform has come a long way all these years.
Previously, the auction-house giant Christie’s disclosed its plans to sell its first nonfungible token, or NFT, at an auction on the 23rd of September this year. This news came a week after the record-setting $100,000 sale at auction of a digital art piece that also leveraged a blockchain-based token to vest the collector’s new ownership rights.
Luring in High-Profile Artists
Gone are the days when digital art was mpossible to monetize. With the advent of Blockchain technology, the digital art market appeared to be heating up and the frenzy for collecting non-fungible tokens (NFT) art has caught on in the broader crypto market. In line with this trend, Jose Delbo of DC Comics face, who is famous for his work on ‘Wonder Woman’, had reportedly teamed up with crypto artist Trevor Jones to produce four NFT artworks last month.
Meanwhile, there are more than 4.98 million transactions tallying roughly $134.9 million in trading, according to NonFungible.com. Over the month alone, there were 88,700 sales corresponding to $8.42 million in trading volume.
The arts and collectible space with non-fungible tokens date back all the way to 2017. During this time, the projects such as CryptoPunks that paved the way for “rare” art on the Ethereum blockchain. Presently, NFT accounts for more than 14% of the total Ethereum network usage.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?