Cryptocurrencies are beginning to receive a warm reception among Swiss banking institutions. According to a survey, more than half of banks in Switzerland are considering offering crypto investment services to their clients within the next three years.
Majority of Swiss banks plan to offer crypto investment products to clients
A survey conducted by Swiss firm Ernst & Young (EY) Limited among 90 executives of different Swiss banks has some highly optimistic news for crypto in Switzerland. EY’s Banking Barometer 2022 survey found that 55% of Swiss banks plan to launch crypto investment offerings to their clients. EY notes that the survey outcome is a deviation from the usual attitude of Swiss banks to crypto in the past.
While the Swiss banks have so far been largely reluctant to offer investment opportunities in cryptocurrencies, more than half of the banks surveyed are now planning to launch an offer to invest in crypto assets within the next three years (55%), the report notes.
It adds that private banks were showing the greatest interest in offering crypto. Among the private banks surveyed, 68% of them plan on offering crypto investment services.
Even more impressive is that the opinion of the banks concerning crypto has become more positive. This is because 55% of them acknowledged that cryptocurrencies were not a fad and are here to stay. The banks do not also consider that their integration of crypto will affect their goal to become more sustainable.
Even the sustainability goals do not seem to prevent the banks from developing a corresponding crypto offer, EY added.
Much of this shift in sentiment among the banks has been engineered by their customers. According to the report, the majority of the banks want to spend 2022 focusing on meeting the financial and investment needs of their customers. And since customers are requesting crypto investment services, they are willing to offer the service.
The Swiss banking sector could be highly beneficial for crypto
Switzerland is noted as one of the world’s principal financial and banking centers. Swiss banks have an excellent reputation for the quality of their services the world over and contribute about 9.7% to gross value added to the Swiss economy.
Last year, Switzerland’s financial regulator also approved its first Crypto fund. The country has also seen a crop of FinTech banks offer crypto investment services already. Two of these crypto banks, SEBA and Sygnum, recently raised over $200 million in funding. The CEO of SEBA which raised $120 million, Guido Buehler, is bullish on Bitcoin. Buehler recently told CNBC that his bank sees Bitcoin reaching a price of $75,000 this year.
Market observers are noting that the new crop of crypto banks is putting the traditional banks that were part of EY’s survey under considerable pressure. According to Dinners editor, Rico Kutcher, traditional banks have their work cut out for them if they are going to integrate crypto.
- Goldman Sachs Says Mainstream Crypto Adoption Not Enough to Boost Bitcoin (BTC) Price
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Rio De Jeneiro’s Mayor Reveals 1%Of Its Treasury Reserves Will Be Poured Into Cryptocurrencies
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?