After the CryptoPunks, it’s the Apes causing a rage of NFT sales happening on the Ethereum-based NFT marketplace OpenSea. Three days into the launch and the Bored Ape Yacht club has become one of the most popular NFT projects.
Last week on September 2, Bored Ape Creators Yuga Labs kickstarted the auction of 101 unique NFTs from the creators’ own collection at popular British auction house Sotheby’s.
The auction bid that happens online has shot to a staggering $19 million as of writing this story. It has already surged past Sotheby’s predictions of $18 million as the top bid.
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) September 6, 2021
The entire set of Bored Ape NFTs has 10,000 such unique images. Thus, the winner of this auction will have 1% of the entire collection. We are just three days into the launch and the auction will continue further this week till September 9.
The Bored Ape NFTs Creating Massive Rage
Just as the NFT market has been going gaga over CryptoPunks, the Bore Ape NFT collection is gathering a lot of steam off lately.
The Bored Ape Yacht Club accompanies other collections like Mutant Ape Yacht Club (MAYC) and Bored Ape Kennel Club (BAKC). In the last month of August, all the three collections combined amassed over 170,000 ETH ($644m) of the trading volume.
The Mutant Ape Collection also had a staggering launch a week back. Just in an hour of launch, Yuga Labs sold a staggering 10,000 Mutant Ape NFTs to new buyers thereby generating more than $96 million worth of ETH in a single hour.
Famous personalities across the world have been dabbling into the recent NFT craze in the market. NBA Start Stephen curry recently purchased the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT for a staggering $180,000. Currey has also changed his Twitter profile picture to a blue-faced Ape.
The NFT mania has picked up massively this year with most of the NFT activity happening on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?