Bakkt, the New-York Stock Exchange backed crypto startup which offers physically-settled bitcoin futures and options contract has announced an all-in-one tracking app for consumers, where one can track loyalty points, gift cards or any other form of digital rewards. The new service would allow users to convert their rewards and loyalty points for cash or even one another.
We're bringing a new level of convertibility to the market. Join us & sign up for the Bakkt App today! https://t.co/mmtzz8jQfI
— Bakkt (@Bakkt) December 15, 2020
Loyalty memberships and digital rewards have become a core part of the marketing strategy and by one estimate there are over 3 billion members of various loyalty programs offered by numerous companies. However, most of these rewards are not interconvertible, for example, the credit card rewards cannot necessarily be used as a coupon for Air travel and vice versa. This makes it extremely difficult for individuals to keep track of their digital reward portfolio.
Bakkt estimates the digital assets market to be over $1.2 trillion, based on data encompassing loyalty programs, cryptocurrency markets, gift cards, and video game digital assets, among other categories.
Bakkt Aims to Create Liquidity For a Variety of Loyalty Programs
There are hundreds of loyalty membership programs and millions of customers using it in one way or another, however, the industry is scattered with little to liquidity offerings. Bakkt wants to create a business model based on liquidity for loyalty points and other similar digital rewards. The crypto startup has already partnered with a number of firms offering loyalty points and digital rewards which include the likes of credit-card providers such as American Express and Chase; restaurants such as Chipotle; and airlines such as JetBlue.
The new app is currently live but only to a selected few members where it collects the digital portfolio of the users including their bitcoin holdings and other loyalty program points.
Adam White, the President of Bakkt while talking about the new consumer app revealed that they aim to make users ‘asset agnostic,’ and explained,
“All these different siloed assets that each have the market infrastructure to them, and in a way that becomes asset agnostic for our users, allowing them the ability to buy, sell, send, receive, and pay with any of these assets as if they were cash,”
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?