Bitcoin has been riding quite high of late. Despite a rather dull performance by Ethereum and the rest of the altcoin market, Bitcoin has shown clear bullish signs and was currently up by 12.39% over the last week. It was being traded at $13,588, at the time of writing which marked a new 16-month high for the world’s largest cryptocurrency.
A crucial level of resistance for Bitcoin now stood at $14,000, a level that was last seen in the second week of January 2018. If it manages to break this mark, BTC could soar higher and target its ATH level close to $20,000. However, if this coveted level is breached, it could potentially hit $65,000-$80,000 by mid-2021. This bold price prediction was made by one of the most interesting and popular strategist, who goes by the name ‘Magic Poop Cannon’.
If BTC rises above 14,000, it will challenge the all time high at 20,000. If that is broken (which I believe it would be) we could see BTC hit 65,000-80,000 by mid 2021.
— MAGIC (@MagicPoopCannon) October 27, 2020
One of the most prominent reasons for Bitcoin’s immense success was the massive institutional foray. MicroStrategy, for one, happens to be one of the largest publicly traded business intelligence firms in the world. The company made a series of huge purchases in Bitcoin in August and September this year. With the latest gains, MicroStrategy was currently sitting on more than $89,000,000 in profit from its BTC investments.
MicroStrategy investment on #Bitcoin is alreay sitting on +$89,000,000 profit.
— Crypto Rand (@crypto_rand) October 27, 2020
Michael Saylor, the Chief Executive of MicroStrategy had earlier asserted that Bitcoin was a better store-of-value asset class than fiat currencies. This comment was made in the backdrop of the company purchasing 21,454 Bitcoins at an aggregate purchase price of $250 million. Noting the growing pandemic-triggered havoc and the global economy taking a plunge, Saylor had earlier stated,
“Since its inception over a decade ago, Bitcoin has emerged as a significant addition to the global financial system, with characteristics that are useful to both individuals and institutions. MicroStrategy has recognized Bitcoin as a legitimate investment asset that can be superior to cash and accordingly has made Bitcoin the principal holding in its treasury reserve strategy”
Is A Setback Ahead?
Despite the surging price, there is one setback. Bitcoin’s hash rate which saw a drop of 45% over the past three days. This could be attributed to the end of the rainy season in China’s Sichuan province. Here, the Bitcoin miners seasonally migrate to obtain the benefits of cheap hydro-electric power primarily because rains cause an increase in water levels which, in turn, profits BTC miners’. However, the end of the rainy season essentially meant that the miners are likely to leave.
Having said that, other on-chain data of Bitcoin appeared optimistic with no signs of investor trepidation. This was further validated by the increasing number of Bitcoin whale addresses as unrealized profits recently touched its yearly highs.
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Breaking: Bank of Russia Calls for Full Ban on Cryptocurrency
- Will Turkey Follow El Salvador to Legalize Bitcoin (BTC) Tender?
- Breaking: Andreessen Horowitz Seeks $4.5B For New Crypto Investments
- Meme Coin Update: BabyDoge Coin Crosses $1.6B Marketcap And 1.3M Holders
- Microsoft’s Activision Acquisition Bullish for SHIB Community- Shiba Inu Spokesperson
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?