Several on-chain metrics for Bitcoin have been entering bullish territory as the asset remains above $13k for the fourth straight day.
Bitcoin has held on to gains it made last week, remaining above the $13k barrier for the past four days. It has not revisited that 2020 high of $13,350 made on Sunday, but is not far below it trading at $13,100 at the time of writing.
On-chain analytics provider Glassnode has been digging into the charts noting that the number of accounts with over $1 million in BTC has crossed the 20,000 level and is at its highest level since January 2018.
It is the highest value since January 2018.
— glassnode (@glassnode) October 26, 2020
The chart pattern is uncannily similar to the Bitcoin price chart indicating that many of these whale accounts are simply hodling, as the number has reached the milestone along with a 16 month price peak.
The stats also revealed that the population of whale entities, defined as clusters of addresses held by a single network participant holding at least 1,000 BTC, was 1,939, the highest level since September 2016.
Unfolded added to the narrative stating that Bitcoin addresses with balance ≥ 1,000 BTC has hit a new all-time high.
Net Unrealized Profit/Loss Up
Another metric called Net Unrealized Profit/Loss (NUPL) is back in the ‘belief’ zone according to Glassnode which added that over 50% of the BTC market cap consists of unrealized profits, a level not seen since August 2019.
#Bitcoin investor sentiment: Net Unrealized Profit/Loss (NUPL) has been in the "Belief" zone for the past week.
Currently, over 50% of the $BTC market cap consists of unrealized profits – a level not seen since August 2019.
— glassnode (@glassnode) October 27, 2020
The metric briefly entered this zone last in mid-2019 which coincided with its rally then, taking prices up to their highest since ATH at $13,800. This is the current target to beat according to analysts as it forms a new higher high and confirms the bull market.
Periods of capitulation using the NUPL metric have only occurred four times, at the end of 2011, for most of 2015, the latter half of 2018, and very briefly in March this year when global markets crashed on the Coronavirus pandemic.
NUPL looks at the difference between Unrealized Profit and Unrealized Loss to determine whether the network as a whole is currently in a state of profit or loss.
Bitcoin Price Outlook
Since its 2020 high over the weekend, Bitcoin has spent the past 48 hours consolidating in the $13,100 range.
The bulls need to take charge soon to push higher towards the next level of resistance to prevent the asset from falling back to support which currently lies at around $12,750.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long