The US Presidential election of 2020 is turning out to be quite an event as the counting of votes is still going on, as per the last update Georgia flipped in favor of Joe Biden. The US elections being such a significant event has quite a ripple effect on traditional financial markets as well as cryptocurrency markets.
The elections have not only made the stock market volatile but also triggered a $2000 bitcoin price rally. The derivatives markets experienced similar volatility, where CME reported the highest volume of bitcoin futures trading on its platform. As per one of the spokespeople of CME bitcoin futures on CME traded 75% above YTD levels on the day of the election.
A total of 6,700 Bitcoin futures contracts worth 5 bitcoin each were traded between 5 PM CST on November 3rd and 8 AM CST on November 4th. This resulted in a bitcoin futures volume of 33,500 BTC valued at $462 million in a single day. The CME spokesperson said,
“Overnight, before 9:00am NYT over 6,700 Bitcoin futures contracts traded (33,500 equivalent Bitcoin), 75% more than what has been observed YTD [year-to-date] and more than double the volume observed since launch,”
Bitcoin Futures Record Several New Highs on CME
The bitcoin futures markets on CME were abuzz from last week of October leading to the election, where the platform registered a 164% increase in contracts leading to the election month. The spokesperson explained,
“Bitcoin futures weekly ADV grew significantly in the week leading to the election. On average 11,428 contracts (57,140 equivalent Bitcoin) traded daily on the last week of October up 164% from the first full week in October.”
In the first two days of November, the volume of Daily futures Open Interest (OI) contracts grew by 20% compared to the previous month. The Long Open Interest Holders (LOIHs) hit an all-time high at 102 which is significant and indicates the growing interest of large players in the king coin.
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Breaking: El Salvador Buys 80 Bitcoin (BTC), Here’s How Prices Reacted
- U.S. DoJ Slaps Charges Against Promoters of Baller Ape Club NFT In Rug Pull Scam
- Canada-based Ledn Challenges FTX’s Bid of BlockFi Acquisition With Better Proposal
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?