Bithumb, one of the largest exchanges in South Korea is reportedly going to list the native token of rival exchange Binance called Binance Coin (BNB) in a rare occurrence since exchanges often don’t list rival firm’s native token. The news was reported by Techflow and the official clipping shows BNB will be paired against BTC.
According to TechFlow, the South Korean exchange Bithumb will list Binance's platform currency BNB on May 27th. It is rare for a large exchange to launch another exchange's coin. There have been rumors that Binance tried to acquire Bithumb. pic.twitter.com/mNwfWy5lOH
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) May 27, 2021
BNB was launched as a utility token to carry out various in-exchange operations such as discounted trading fees and token swaps, however, the popularity of the token exploded this bull season when Binance Smart Chain (BSC), the native blockchain of the Binance ecosystem became a popular choice for ERC-20 traders amid rising gas fee on Ethereum network.
The price of BNB started to see a massive uptrend towards the end of February when it was trading just under $50. Within two months the price rose over 10X and registered an ATH Of $669. The massive surge also propelled BNB to top-3 cryptocurrency by market cap where it flipped the likes of XRP and BCH on its way to the top-3.
The popularity of the BSC is evident from the fact that at its peak it was handling 4X trading volume than Ethereum network. While other native tokens of several exchanges including Huobi also saw traction this bull season, but none came close to the price rise of BNB.
BNB is no Longer Just a Utility Token
Binance is a top crypto exchange in terms of trading volume and has become a leader in leverage trading as well over the past year. The popularity of the Binance ecosystem along with the rising demand for native chain BSC has resulted in making BNB more than a utility token.
BNB is now actively being seen as an investment asset by many with price targets topping $1,000 at the peak of the bull run. BNB is currently trading at $366.62 with a 4% price fall over the past 24-hours.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?