Grayscale Investment, one of the largest cryptocurrency fund managers popular for its Bitcoin Trust has announced a new cryptocurrency trust fund comprising of 5 cryptocurrencies including long-rumored Chainlink, Filecoin, Livepeer, BAT, and Decentraland. The new cryptocurrency trust is also the first since 2019 primarily due to its strict listing protocols based on underlying assets market value and client demand.
ANNOUNCEMENT: 5 new products have been added to the @Grayscale line up!
— Michael Sonnenshein (@Sonnenshein) March 17, 2021
Grayscale Chief Executive Officer Michael Sonnenshein.
“At any one time, we’re probably maintaining a list of what could be 30 products, could be 40 products that we’re interested in bringing to market. We’re trying to always reconcile where we may find compelling opportunities in the digital assets ecosystem and trying to reconcile where investors are interested in deploying capital.”
Grayscale has established itself as the institutional choice of investors to gain exposure to Bitcoin in absence of a Bitcoin ETF in the US. The Grayscale Bitcoin Trust is one of the most sought-after trust funds in the US at present.
Grayscale Looks to Expand its Product Portfolio
As evident from the comments of the CEO of the crypto management firm, Grayscale is looking to expand its product offering to about 30 to 40 products. The current launch of cryptocurrency trusts for five cryptocurrencies seems to be part of the expansion plans. The latest launch takes the total number of products to 13 with Bitcoin trust holding the largest share worth $34 billion.
There were rumors of a possible Grayscale Link Trust but many were taken by surprise with the inclusion of Filecoin, a storage token. However, Sonnenshein reassured that many of Grayscale products have proven to be ahead of their time and the same could prove in the case of the recently listed products. He said,
“There are many Grayscale scale products that have historically been a little bit before time.”
Grayscale is also possibly working towards launching its own Bitcoin ETF as evident from its recent job postings with 7 openings for ETF-related posts.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?