Hashed, South Korea’s leading venture capital firm with a focus on Web 3.0 projects has come under an investigation from the National Taxation Service (NTS), as per a report in Ajunews. The report noted that the investigation is an in-depth inspection rather than a regular query with the main focus on the background of the company.
The tax investigation for Hashed also comes after its recent $200 million Web 3.0 fundraise. Many believe the blockchain venture capital firm is being investigated for tax evasion. The NTS refused to offer any clarity behind the nature of the investigation, however, one of the officials said,
“We cannot confirm information related to tax investigations on individual companies.”
“However, starting a special tax investigation on small businesses with small appearances is not infrequently related to slush fundraising or tax evasion by the company’s CEO,”
Hashed is a first-generation virtual asset investment firm established in 2017 and became a leading VC firm in South Korea. However, the company has seen a gradual decline in revenue over the past three years, which is why many were surprised by the sudden investigation. Industry insiders also claimed that it’s quite unusual for NTS to conduct a special investigation on a small firm like Hashed.
South Korea Tightens Regulatory Stance on Crypto
South Korea is among the leading nations in terms of crypto regulation implementation. It was the first nation to impose a blanket ban on any form of ICOs, it was also among the first nations to implement new AMLD5 regulations for crypto firms. The country also became the first nation to impose a 20% tax on crypto gains outside the existing tax rules which recently got postponed by a year amid concerns raised by experts.
South Korean regulators are reportedly also looking to impose a tax on NFTs as they believe it cannot be regulated similar to crypto tax gains.
- Microsoft’s Activision Acquisition Bullish for SHIB Community- Shiba Inu Spokesperson
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- JPMorgan: High Gas Fee A Big Problem for Ethereum (ETH) Valuations, Can Lose Market Share
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?