Japanese blockchain gaming company double jump.tokyo said on Wednesday it raised 3 billion yen ($24 million) in its latest funding round. Notable stakeholders in the firm include Singapore crypto unicorn Amber, USDC issuer Circle and blockchain operator Polygon.
Double jump will use the new capital to expand its operations and pursue more partnerships with established gaming companies, it said in a press release. But the firm did not reveal its valuation.
Founded in 2018, the firm created the popular play-to-earn (P2E) game My Crypto Heroes, which is built on Ethereum. Double jump also has partnerships with several established firms to mint licenses NFTs.
Double jump has partnered with several gaming majors
Since its founding, the crypto gaming firm has consistently tied up with bigger game developers in NFT and blockchain-related ventures. Gaming giant Bandai Namco had last year invested in the firm to jointly develop blockchain games.
Double jump has also developed NFTs for videogame makers SEGA and Square Enix, and plans to expand on both the partnerships.
The firm has also tied up with non-gaming firms such as social media giant Line, and Japanese blockchain Astar Network.
Blockchain gaming sees big entrants this year
Double jump’s fundraise highlights the growing interest in blockchain and P2E games this year. Bandai Namco recently set up a $24 million fund to invest in web3 technology. The firm also plans to invest about $130 million in a metaverse centered around Gundam.
World no. 2 crypto exchange FTX is among the other biggest entrants to the space, having recently bought P2E game Storybook Brawl. The exchange plans to flesh out its gaming division to explore ventures in blockchain games and gaming NFTs.
Krafton, creator of the wildly popular PUBG game, recently tied up with Solana to explore opportunities in blockchain gaming.
Blockchain data firm DappRadar said in a report that crypto games attracted $2.5 billion in investments in the first quarter of 2022. The industry is slated to add $10 billion this year.
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- SWIFT Plans To Interlink All CBDCs, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Ripple (XRP) Throws In $100 Million To Cut Down Carbon Emission
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000