Bitcoin (BTC) has skyrocketed 15% today moving all the way past $38,500 in a strong bounce back. The news that e-commerce giant Amazon is working to integrate Bitcoin payments at their end has brought all the fireworks.
At press time, Bitcoin (BTC) is trading at $38,315 with a market cap of $719 billion. Over $640 million of short positions have been liquidated in just the last one hour. Citing data from Bybt.com, Chinese journalist Colin Wu reported:
“Today’s liquidation volume has exceeded 800 million U.S. dollars, and the main short order has been liquidated. The short order liquidation amount in the past hour reached 640 million U.S. dollars, which is the largest single-day liquidation volume in more than two months”.
Insider Sources: Amazon to Integrate Bitcoin Payments
Last Saturday, July 25, CoinGape reported that Amazon is looking to hire a product lead for its crypto and blockchain division. In a further development, an insider source told the City AM news publication that Amazon is ‘definitely’ looking to launch Bitcoin and crypto payments by the end of this year. The source said:
“This isn’t just going through the motions to set up cryptocurrency payment solutions at some point in the future – this is a full-on, well-discussed, integral part of the future mechanism of how Amazon will work. It begins with Bitcoin – this is the key first stage of this crypto project, and the directive is coming from the very top…”
By the very top, the source meant that it’s coming from Jeff Bezos himself. Interestingly, the executive added that the project is “pretty much ready to roll” but won’t be just exclusive to Bitcoin. The Amazon executives are currently exploring the possibility of integrating payments for some of the top ten cryptocurrencies.
“Ethereum, Cardano and Bitcoin Cash will be next in line before they bring about eight of the most popular cryptocurrencies online. It won’t take long because the plans are already there, and they have been working on them since 2019”, the source said.
Amazon’s Native Crypto Token
The source added that, in the final stage of the project, Amazon will launch its own native crypto token. In a move towards “tokenization”, Amazon will experiment with crypto payments on its platform. The source noted:
This then becomes a multi-level infrastructure where you can pay for goods and services or earn tokens in a loyalty scheme. There’s little more to it, for now, but you can guarantee the Bitcoin plan will be monitored closely as opportunities with Amazon’s own version of a crypto will be explored.
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long