In the latest developments within the Indian cryptosphere, it turns out that Indian corporates might have to report their cryptocurrency holdings to the government. India’s blockchain lawyer Varun recently shared a draft image, the access to which is still missing.
However, Varun states that as per the Standard Scheduled III Balance Sheet, companies reporting with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs will have to disclose their cryptocurrency holdings if any. “This means every corporate in #India now has to report it’s #crypto holding. And guess what, it will be public data!” he added.
— Varun | Blockchain Lawyer (@Blockchainlaw91) March 25, 2021
The latest report comes at a time when India has been mulling a blanket ban on the use of cryptocurrencies. There have been several discussions between the government and the central bank over the past few weeks.
Unlike American corporates, Indian corporates haven’t been much vocal about their views on cryptocurrencies. Probably, they might have been fearing any government action or scrutiny looking at the way things are moving with India’s crypto ban.
RBI’s Shaktikant Das Flags “Major Concerns” With Crypto Use
Speaking at the 7th India Economic conclave on Thursday, March 25, RBI Governor Shaktikant Das said that the central bank has flagged “major concerns” with the use of cryptocurrencies.
However, Das added that the matter of crypto ban or any related decision is still under consideration. “The government will come out with a decision on it,” the RBI chief added.
Interestingly, Das further added that the Indian central bank and the government are on the same page when it comes dealing to with crypto matters and there’s no difference of opinion between the two. He further added that both of them are committed to the financial stability of the Indian market.
Besides, Das further noted that the RBI is working on its way for the central bank digital currency (CBDC) aka digital Rupee.
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?