Øystein Stray Spetalen, a Norwegian Billionaire investor has reportedly bought bitcoin as well as invested in the country’s largest Bitcoin exchange just weeks after deeming Bitcoin as “nonsense currency.” Spetalen during the DNB Invest conference on 18th March has criticized Bitcoin for its excessive use of energy and even called it hostile.
However, during a recent interview with a local media house, Spetalen’s tone on Bitcoin changed drastically especially after investing in the Norwegian crypto exchange Miraiex. The billionaire investor claimed during the interview that his stance changed on Bitcoin after he met with the founders of the crypto exchange he has invested in. He added,
when I also read that Kjell Inge Røkke had gone into bitcoin, it was quite obvious. Can’t bear to see that Røkke makes money and not me, says Spetalen to Finansavisen.
— Bloqport (@Bloqport) March 27, 2021
Miraiex Crypto Exchange claimed that it did not need any capital at the moment for its operations and the primary reason for their association was to aggressively expand its growth.
We did not really need money. We just wanted to grow faster
Prior to Spetalen’s investment in Bitcoin exchange Miraiex, another industrialist Kjell Inge Røkke launched the crypto company Seetee, which had also bought bitcoin for NOK 500 million recently.
Bitcoin’s Impressive Returns Lure Strongest Critics
Bitcoin this bull season has tripled its 2017 high of near $20K and is currently moving above $55K. After registering a 50% drop in a single day last year in March, many critics called it the end of the bubble and discarded it again. However, Bitcoin’s mammoth rise starting in the last quarter of 2020 has changed the mind of even the strongest critic today.
Most of the traditional banks including the likes of Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs which once deemed Bitcoin too volatile to be part of the financial system are now offering Bitcoin services to their clients
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Just-In: Grayscale Adds Five New Tokens To Its Investment Products
- Another Stablecoin Follows LUNA $UST, Crashes Within Hours
- PlanB: Bitcoin (BTC) Is Creating A Bottom For The Next Bull Market
- Shiba Inu Holders Increase Amid Market Crash, But There’s A Catch
- LUNA Crash: South Korea Toughens Up Investigations Over Terra (LUNA) Crisis
- Avalanche (AVAX) Slumps 5% In Minutes On Fears Of Terra Dump
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Reserves Decimated By Terra Crash
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?