BTC’s price shows a lack of momentum after locking gains for the past two sessions. The price consolidates in the price range with modest movement. BTC’s price touched swing highs near $48,234.00 but failed to sustain the gains beyond the mentioned levels.
- BTC price trades in a relatively tight range with no meaningful price action.
- Investors can expect the price to move toward $45,000 with the support of above-average volumes.
- However, the price remains pressured below the ascending trend line.
BTC price looks for upside gains
On the daily chart, the BTC price hovers above the psychological $40,000 level, where the BTC buyers struggle to sustain the gains. However, the recent technical setup suggests that BTC could jump back to the recent highs, though challenges remain.
A daily close above the session high could fuel the upward movement toward the 50-day EMA (Exponential Moving Average) at $42,680.07. This would coincide with the break of the ascending trend line.
Next, market participants would keep their eyes on the critical 200-day EMA at $44,700 followed by the ultimate target of the horizontal resistance line at $45,000.
While things look mildly positive for the BTC price, a failure to hold the key support area around $39,000 would trigger a fresh round of selling in the pioneer cryptocurrency.
In this scenario, investors would collect the liquidity from the demand zone extending from $37,500 to $35,000.
Bitcoin price surged nearly 41% from the late February lows of $34,324.05.
As of press time, BTC/USD trades at $40,968.20, down 0.44% for the day. As per the CoinMarketCap, the largest cryptocurrency holds the volume at $28,589,975,310 in the past 24-hour.
RSI: The daily relative strength index jumps from the oversold zone but still hovers below the average line.
MACD: The moving average convergence divergence shows a neutral stance on the daily chart.
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- SWIFT Plans To Interlink All CBDCs, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Ripple (XRP) Throws In $100 Million To Cut Down Carbon Emission
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000