In another big news today, amid ongoing war situation Ukraine today legalized crypto. Ukrainian Vice Prime Minister, Mykhailo Fedorov today officially announced that Ukraine parliament has adopted law on virtual assets. The new law will protect assets of crypto investors from possible fraud or abuse.
Ukraine is already in top-5 countries on cryptocurrency usage. Today we made one more step forward: Parliament adopted law on virtual assets! This will legalize crypto exchangers and cryptocurrencies, and Ukrainians could protect their assets from possible abuse or fraud.
— Mykhailo Fedorov (@FedorovMykhailo) February 17, 2022
Ukraine Adopts Law To Legalize Crypto
Earlier, today Ukrainian parliament considering Ukraine’s large scale crypto adoption finally passed the law to regulate cryptocurrency. Earlier in September, 2021 Ukraine parliament passed a bill to regulate crypto with required laws and tax codes still pending.
This announcement comes days after Russian Govt. regulated crypto as legal currency in the country. Ukraine and Russian both are trying to impose their supremacy over crypto adoption. As reported by Coingape, Russians hold more than $200 Billion worth of crypto and Russian Govt. stands an opportunity to collect $13 Billion in crypto taxes per year.
Ukraine is also not far behind and country is ranked 4th in global crypto adoption index by Chainalysis. Yearly crypto transaction volumes in Ukraine is estimated to be around $8 Billion.
- Crypto Proponent Outlines Catalysts For Bitcoin’s Next Bull Run, Time To Buy?
- Terra’s UST Causes A 20% Dump In DeFi Token Curve (CRV), Here’s How
- Can Tron Fill The Hole In DeFi Left By Terra?
- Terra Crash Causes Ripple Effect Among Crypto Startups, Here’s How
- Bitcoin (BTC) To Slip Further Below $29K Today, Where’s The Bottom?
- LUNA, UST Volatility Spikes As Voting On Terra Fork Begins
- Panama Delays Legalizing Crypto On This Major Factor
- Big Investors in Terra LUNA Finally Break Silence, Here’s What They Have to Say
- Bitcoin (BTC) Tanks Under $29,000 After A Classic Bull Trap, Still More Pain Left?
- Just In: Russia Minister Hints At Bitcoin Payments Nod
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?