ETH price shows a movement that depicts the bearish undercurrent. Following, Thursday’s aftermath the price took some breather below $2,700. However, the buyers are advised to be cautious as the price is still under pressure and further lower movement cannot be ruled out.
- ETH price fell for the third straight day on Saturday amid sustained selling momentum.
- Expect more losses if the price closes below the 0.5% Fibonacci Retracement level on weekly basis.
- The asset locked more than 5% weekly losses as trades below $2,700.
ETH price consolidates
On the weekly chart, the ETH price has formed two lower lows extending from $48,000 to $35,000 since November whereas only one swing low at $2,159 in January. Analyzing further, the price remains pressured below the 50-day EMA (Exponential Moving Average) at $2,930.
In addition to that, the price dwindles near the 0.5% Fibonacci retracement level at $2,628. The trading volume has been consistent with the fall in the price. Looking at mentioned arguments, we expect ETH to produce one lower low this time.
To do so, two things would be required, one a weekly close below $2,500, and the breakage below $2,159. If that happens then get ready for $1,700 in the medium to short-term.
However, things look quite pessimistic for the second-largest cryptocurrency a shift in the bullish sentiment would counter the prevailing bearish sentiment. A spike in buy orders could push the price to test the 50-day ema at $2,969. This might fuel the investor’s demand for $3,000.
As of press time, ETH/USD holds at $2,680, down 0.43% for the day.
RSI: The weekly relative strength index oscillates near the average line. Any downtick in the indicator could strengthen the bearish outlook on the asset.
MACD: The moving average convergence divergence trades below the midline.
- Whales Eye Litecoin Ahead Of Major Update, Here’s Why
- U.S. Is Winning Bitcoin Mining Race But China Still Not Out Of Picture: Report
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Terra Crash Spilled Over Into Other L-1 Blockchains, Here’s How
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?