SAND, the native token of The Sandbox metaverse, rallied on reports that the metaverse intended to raise more funds. The firm is reportedly looking at more funds at a valuation of over $4 billion.
SAND rallied 10% in mere minutes after the report, and was last trading at $2.98, according to data from Coinmarketcap. The token is the third-largest metaverse coin by market capitalization, at $3.3 billion.
The token is also trading up about 3% over the past week, having benefited from increasing optimism over metaverse adoption. SAND also benefited from a recent partnership between Flickplay and The Sandbox.
Sandbox seeks more funding
The Sandbox, which is an Ethereum-based metaverse, is looking to raise about $400 million, Bloomberg reported, citing people close to the matter. The platform is targeting a valuation of over $4 billion, which would make it the most valuable metaverse.
Sandbox is majority-owned by crypto game maker Animoca Brands, and has Japanese venture capitalist SoftBank among its backers. The firm had raised $93 million in a series B round led by SoftBank in November.
The Sandbox entered blockchain gaming in 2018, when it introduced a marketplace that allowed users to upload and sell their NFTs. The company has since become one of the most popular metaverses, and has hosted several major brands and celebrities.
The metaverse branches out
Sandbox has tied up with several popular figures as promotional campaigns. It recently had an NFT avatar partnership wit rapper Snoop Dogg, who also owns a mansion in the metaverse. Land in the metaverse has been sold for as high as $450,000, according to recent reports.
Major brands such as Gucci, Warner Music, and more recently, global lender HSBC have a presence in the metaverse. HSBC had last month purchased a stadium in The Sandbox to increase engagement with customers.
The metaverse is how people will experience Web3, the next generation of the Internet — using immersive technologies like augmented reality, virtual reality and extended reality.
–Suresh Balaji, Chief Marketing Officer, Asia-Pacific, HSBC, on the bank’s partnership with Sandbox
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?