Amid uncertainty over the reliability of stablecoins and bearish trends in the crypto market, one stablecoin continues to shine. The recent meltdown of Terra ecosystem brought to the fore the trustworthiness of various stablecoin projects, including the USDD stablecoin.
Meanwhile, the Terra ecosystem is preparing for migration to Terra 2.0 and the LUNA airdrop. After the Terra network collapse, the community of users, developers and validators have been supporting revival plans. Terra’s founder Do Kwon proposed to create a new Terra chain, dropping the plan to fork the Terra chain.
USDD Steady Growth
USDD, the decentralized algorithmic stablecoin based on TRON, is on a growth spree despite an overall cryptocurrency market crash. The market cap of the stablecoin has been growing leaps and bounds ever since it launched earlier this month.
UST’s success before the crash led to new entrants exploring the stablecoins in the crypto market. Tron launched the USDD stablecoin on May 5 and since then gained attention from the industry.
As of writing, the market cap of USDD stands at $603 million, according to CoinMarketcap. From having a market cap of $378 million on May 21 to surpassing the $600 million mark on Saturday, the growth has been consistent.
The USDD team stated that the milestone has been reached within the first month of its launch.
“The total supply of $USDD has surpassed 600 million within the first month of its launch! Our stablecoin $USDD is growing much stronger!”
USDD Survives Market Turbulence
After managing to survive the recent UST crash, USDD entered the tally of the 100 largest cryptocurrencies in just a few weeks of its launch. Currently the stablecoin stands at rank 72 in terms of market capitalization.
The Tron stablecoin saw a massive upsurge in its daily volumes in the last few weeks. The rise comes after a temporary dip in stablecoin activity following the market crash. The collapse of UST had a negative impact on the market as a whole and especially on stablecoins.
- Are Hedge Funds Planning USDT Dump? Tether CTO Responds To Rumors
- Here’s Why Apecoin (APE) Price Is Skyrocketing Today
- Crypto Prices Falling Despite “Buy The Dip” Sentiment, Data Reveals Why
- Institutional Traders Dumped Bitcoin At A Record Pace Last Week
- Terra USTC Jumps 300%; Lands Back In Top 100 Cryptos
- Ripple’s EX CTO Dumps 40 million XRP tokens In Last 10 Days
- Dogecoin Soars 35%, Here’s Why Breaking This Level Is Crucial
- Crypto Lender Nexo Denies Fraud, Issues Cease And Desist Notice
- Ethereum (ETH) Price Rise and Stability Pulls Broader Crypto Market to $1 Trillion
- Scoop: This Hedge Fund Is Trying To Bailout BlockFi To Counter FTX
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000
- SHIB Price Analysis: Overhead Supply Pressure Hints SHIB to Retest $0.00001
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3