The total market capitalization of USDT overcomes that of XRP becoming the third largest cryptocurrency on CMC. Moreover, the combined market capitalization of USD stablecoin has risen over $10.3 billion.
The sell-off in the cryptocurrency markets. yesterday, caused a rush to USD as the demand for stablecoins rose considerably. The total USDT on crypto exchanges has been in a strong uptrend in 2020 reaching highs near $2.2 billion in April.
The USDT balance dropped below $1.5 billion in May (a 37% drop), probably affected by the halving speculation. Nevertheless, it is still greater than the aggregate supply in the past which has been around $1 billion.
The reason for the increase in March and April can be attributed to the surge of US dollar by the Feds, the sell-off in the market and preparation for the halving.
Can XRP Make a Comeback?
The total market capitalization of USDT and XRP on CoinMarketCap is in the $8.6-$8.7 billion range. Nevertheless, the data from Coinmetrics reveals that the supply of USDT is around $9.24 billion. The total liability in US Dollar as reported by Tether.io is $8,953,090,494.48.
A near 4% increase in XRP price could essentially restore XRP’s third position. A distant fourth on the list is Bitcoin [BCH] Cash with a market capitalization of around $4.2 billion.
Crypto Markets Fearful?
The total market capitalization of the crypto markets fell by 4.5%, the drops w.r.t. US dollar comparable to the rest of the markets. This seems to caused another exit towards stablecoins, as fear grew among investors. The crypto fear and greed index is currently at the confluence of a break-down to bearish levels.
The dominance of Bitcoin over the crypto market is around 67.4%. It has dropped around 3% from the highs around the halving pump. Nevertheless, sell-offs in Bitcoin tend to accelerate altcoin dumps as well. The current levels for support around $8,800-$9,000 will be paramount for the bulls.
Do you think the altcoins can make a comeback? Please share your views with us.
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?